BHPC Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > BHPC Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

2016 Round 2: Lancaster, April 30th

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2016 Round 2: Lancaster, April 30th
    Posted: 06 April 2016 at 12:17pm
This is the place for comments and discussions about Round 2 of the 2016 Championship at Salt Ayre Cycle Circuit, Lancaster on Saturday 30th April.
GeoffBird View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeoffBird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2016 at 10:55pm
Fiona and I have got our names down for organising Lancaster. I'm pencilling in a one lap TT followed by a 1 hour race (should be time for 2 heats) and then maybe Derrick can mix it up a bit at Preston to provide a varied weekend's racing?

As we are planning a TT, legible front race numbers are even more important than usual. If you've been racing the same machine for years then a there is no excuse for a biro scrawl on an old postcard. Anyone not conforming is likely to be press-ganged into organising the next race meeting to see how they like it.
Right Time - Right Place - Wrong Speed
speedy381 View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2016 at 11:04pm
Have you got the track drying machine sorted Geoff?
It's my 2nd race in the Bream and we all know how the first one ended. No wind and warm tarmac may give me a chance of staying upright.
GeoffBird View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeoffBird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2016 at 11:12pm
Lancaster? No wind and warm (in April) - Mwahaha!
Right Time - Right Place - Wrong Speed
Yanto View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2016 at 8:02am
Originally posted by speedy381 speedy381 wrote:

Have you got the track drying machine sorted Geoff?
It's my 2nd race in the Bream and we all know how the first one ended. No wind and warm tarmac may give me a chance of staying upright.
http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/gcw52qce5#?fcTime=1461974400

Wall to wall sunshine Clap
speedy381 View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2016 at 8:07am
You're right, awesome. What did you have to sacrifice to get that? And you're not even coming.
I'm mountain biking in the Lakes for the two days preceding; can you and the Met Office sort that as well?
Yanto View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2016 at 9:06am
Sorry, all favours used up for just one day of sunshine.
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2016 at 5:41pm
Not going to make this one unfortunately - Hope to see you all at Darley Moor...

Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2016 at 5:49pm
The new electronic timing system will be out gathering data at Lancaster and Preston. If you picked up your tags at Hillingdon and will be racing this weekend then please make sure they are mounted on your machine as per the accompanying instructions. If you weren't at Hillingdon then please pick up your tags at sign-on but DON'T FIX THEM ON until you've read the instructions.

Everyone gets two self-adhesive tags for mounting as you best see fit. Extra tags on small plastic boards will also be available this time for immediate use. All are programmed with your race number for easy identification by the timing system.

We are still some way from using the tag data for actual results so timers will still be required. The information gathered will instead be used to help modify the existing race software so that it can process the raw tag readings.
russellbridge View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russellbridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2016 at 3:20pm
A bit more rain forecast now. Given that it's been snowing in Manchester for most of the morning, I'd definitely recommend a few layers tomorrow...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic