BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > BHPC Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

2013 Stourport

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2013 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by NickM NickM wrote:

Thanks for a virtuoso display of organisating, Alan. Anybody would think you had done it before!

We hope that Giovanni isn't feeling too beaten up after his tumble, and will be back in action soon...

Well done the "newbies" - we'll see you again before long, we hope And congratulations to Jeff James on mastering the notorious Cobra!

I have a quibble, but not about my results. Leo was in front of me throughout the first race; both his and my lap counts appear correct, so I wonder if our times have been swapped by a transcription error?

Thanks Nick!
Unfortunately Leo crashed on the hairpin in race 1  Ouch

NickM View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2013 at 8:03pm
Really? I thought that was in Race 2. Just goes to show how many brain cells died today - I'd better be careful

And now for my next trick I will make *another* beer disappear

Edited by NickM - 20 July 2013 at 8:06pm
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2013 at 8:10pm
Yep - Definitely in race 1.
He was going really well up to that point in a nice little battle with Twed.

Neil F View Drop Down
Visitor (moderated)
Visitor (moderated)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2013 at 8:29pm
Alan,
The results or race 2 look wrong. I had the same number of laps as Ian Fardo. I was certainly ahead of Ian Perry and I believe that Ian Fardo was as well.

Thanks and vey well organised.

Neil
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2013 at 9:03pm

Fards' average speed was reduced because he slowed dramatically on what turned out to be the last lap having sprinted with you the lap before.
We had said we thought you had 2 laps to go when it turned out to be 3 as Andrew came round just before 30 minutes was up.
Apologies for that.
I've only got the Blackberry here but I will change your laps to 16 when I get home tomorrow night.
Unfortunately we had a lack of timers/lap counters for the last race as many people disappeared so some of those left ended up trying to run three stopwatches.

Edited by AlanGoodman - 20 July 2013 at 9:36pm

fards View Drop Down
Visitor (regular)
Visitor (regular)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2013 at 9:50pm
I still can't get my head around going uphill faster in the quest than downhill. 27mph up 23 down..
And Neil doing the opposite on his nocom.
Would be quite a quick track if they got rid of those pesky hairpins!
Our sprint on the last lap that wasn't, was 36mph for the record.
which might explain why I lost so much rubber going into the corner, but also why I really couldn't be bothered to repeat it again.
Riding home hurt!
blogwat View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blogwat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2013 at 10:12am
Hi Folks
here is some photo's of the fast race click on link then photostream at the top left when page comes up copy any you want thanks for an enjoyable day once again  Clap  http://www.flickr.com/photos/recumbents/  .'Jeff.  thanks Nick. ps. hope those who crashed are all ok and will be back soon.

Edited by blogwat - 21 July 2013 at 10:28am
when your up to your waist in aligators they forget to tell you you've got to clear the swamp
Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2013 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by NickM NickM wrote:

Thanks for a virtuoso display of organisating, Alan
Seconded! Not only superbly organised but surely the first time the results have been posted online before most people had even left the track. Many thanks to Alan, Leo and everyone else who made it possible. Thanks also to all the new faces who came along - I hope you had a great day and will come again soon.

The Stourport Sports Centre staff are the best we see all year. Despite all the new tracks planned for next year this is definitely one we should keep in the calendar.
BarneyH View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BarneyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2013 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by Andrew S Andrew S wrote:

. Despite all the new tracks planned for next year this is definitely one we should keep in the calendar.

AGREED ! - a great track and fabulous facility.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2013 at 10:23pm
Definitely!!

I'm just wondering if we could double it up with a race at Solihull (assuming we could get around the insurance issue...)
That's another great track although I wouldn't recommend the camp site I stayed on last night I'm afraid!

Are there any more Stourport Quibbles before I send the sheet to Kevin (above quibbles already noted of course...)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic