BHPC Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

2 Bikes for Sale + Free Stuff

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Visitor (regular)
Visitor (regular)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Lowing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2 Bikes for Sale + Free Stuff
    Posted: 12 June 2018 at 11:50am
I have 2 bikes for sale.

Ross Festina.  Modified with a fixed longer boom for short cranks. Has original seat and handlebars and also a hard seat and hamster bars as extras.  Seat clamps need shimming but otherwise OK.  You will need to be minimum 6' to ride this unless you want to convert back to a sliding boom which would be possible but would require brazing etc.

Tour Easy Easy Racer.  Older model with Corbeau seat.  Suit a rider up to about 6'.  Very light and easy to ride.  I have a windwrap screen for this but you would have to make your own brackets.

Open to offers on the above. PM your email and I will provide details

Also bunch of stuff.  Wheels, forks, gears, etc.  Some new, some recycled Includes a bubble windscreen suitable for a streamliner.  Great stuff for building your own bikes and experimenting

Quite a few boxfulls - I need the space.  You can have this for free but you have to take everything in one go - No cherry picking!

PM me as above. 

If you are visiting the York Rally I am about 10 mins away from Junction 37 on the A1 and about 15 mins from Junction 36 on the M1
MartinQS View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinQS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2018 at 6:54pm
Any pics of the bikes?
russellbridge View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russellbridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2018 at 8:30pm
and photos of the bits and pieces please
Paul Lowing View Drop Down
Visitor (regular)
Visitor (regular)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Lowing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2018 at 8:11pm
Visitor (regular)
Visitor (regular)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Lowing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2018 at 8:11pm
Visitor (regular)
Visitor (regular)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Lowing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2018 at 8:29pm
I'll try and post some pictures of the bikes tomorrow.

The seat that is wrapped belongs to the Festina.

There are two mesh seats and one other hard fibreglass seat.

Various wheels and rims and tyres.  Many are useful sizes for recumbents, there is a very nice 520 rear wheel for instance and some racing type 406 rims and tyres.  Two of the the 20" wheels have Sach 3X7 hubs and there should be the changers and cables.

There should be an exceedingly rare Sachs Elite 12 speed hub and all parts in one of the boxes, also a 2 speed sachs hub.

There are about 3 pairs of recumbent specific handlebars, also a moustache bar or two.

There are a couple of pairs of suspension forks with the suspension in the headstock.

Quite a few chainsets.  There is a 60T chainwheel, pedals, cranks gears, changers etc., etc.

Lighting stuff too.

There is another box or two not in shot.

In short there is a lot of really useful stuff here for building bikes, both recumbent and upright.  Some is new and some is recycled.

It has to go otherwise I'd probably put it on eBay and get rid of it gradually, but it would be good to think someone is going to put at least some of this to good use.

The Bikes

In terms of the Tour Easy I'm looking for about £250 and about £350 for the Festina.

Open to sensible offers - cash only.

russellbridge View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russellbridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2018 at 10:17pm
I’ll take the bits and bobs please
Russ
MartinQS View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinQS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2018 at 11:01pm
Have you a picture of the tour easy?
Visitor (regular)
Visitor (regular)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Lowing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2018 at 6:43am
OK. PM me to arrange collection.

I'll get pictures of the bikes today - weather permitting.

Edited by Paul Lowing - 14 June 2018 at 6:45am
MartinQS View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinQS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2018 at 7:35am
Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic