BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > Other non-BHPC events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

10K Run for Anna

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiona G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 10K Run for Anna
    Posted: 18 April 2011 at 8:52pm
As anyone who has read the magazine, or went to Hillingdon for the first race of the season is aware, I promised Anna Jenkins, last autumn, that I would do a 10k run to raise money for cancer charities.  You may also be aware that running is really not my natural thing.  I’m much happier on two wheels than pounding the ground.  BUT I am going to do it and the date has been set for 7th May.
I am doing the race for life at Sutton Park, north of Birmingham, and now have even more incentive as a work colleague Lis is also very ill with cancer at the moment.
If anyone if generous enough to want to sponsor me the link to my ‘Just giving’ page is in the URL below, and many thank to those who have already given me the cash at Hillingdon, I appreciate it and I know that it will inspire me to complete the run and keep my promise.
Thank you to everyone for their help Smile
Secretary

Riding on a new Velodynamics bike this year
KevinJ View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KevinJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2011 at 7:51am
Well done for doing this Fiona, it is even more of an achievement since you have had to carry on training after the dislocated collar bone!  Good luck for the day
Kevin Jenkins

Windcheetah
bazz View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2011 at 8:22pm
I have lost several close family members to Cancer, and what You are doing is a great thing for the charity.
I wish you well on your run.

I did not know Anna; but I am sure she will be cheering you on; with a great big smile to boot.

Take care,
Barry ;-) 
Fiona G View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiona G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2011 at 10:19pm
A quick thank you to everyone who has sponsored me so far, I can't believe the support.

Sadly Lis died today so the incentive is getting greater for me to do this. 
Secretary

bazz View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2011 at 11:12am
My sincere condolences for the sad loss of your friend, I am sure you will do her proud.

Take care,
Barry ;-)
KeithD View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KeithD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2011 at 9:28pm
Fiona - you've reached your target - now all you've got to do is the running!

Keep it steady with the training and you'll be fine on the day.

Go girl go!
Fiona G View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiona G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2011 at 5:29pm
Just a quick update, I did the race today in the pouring rain, yes the wet stuff.  Not the fastest time but 1 hr 17 minutes and I loved it.

Thank you to everyone who has supported me, in many ways and especial thanks to Geoff who ferried me about and took the photographic evidence, (which I will ask him to post) and Graydog - thanks for the advice on hydration, I followed it and it was really useful.
Thumbs Up
Secretary

Wyndrake View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wyndrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2011 at 5:42pm
Well done Fiona - I'm in awe!

Alan B.
GeoffBird View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeoffBird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2011 at 6:16pm
It rained quite a lot as well...

Edited by GeoffBird - 07 May 2011 at 6:16pm
Right Time - Right Place - Wrong Speed
bazz View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2011 at 7:41pm
Well Done Fiona Thumbs Up 
A big hand also; to all the other runners, supporters and Geoff too Clap

Take care,
Barry ;-)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic